I am a portrait, editorial, fine art and wedding photographer based in Boston and Northampton serving the East Coast.
I am a visual artist, first and foremost. Fusing art, fashion, personal sensibilities, and documentary photography, I challenge photography conventions by integrating beauty, originality, and composition into each photograph. This creative force results in a photo collection of a wedding unlike any other.
My work is characterized by the strong interpersonal relationships I share with my couples that last well beyond the photo shoot.
I’m always striving to broaden aspects of image making, including art direction and creative collaboration. When not photographing weddings, I use my Hasselblad camera, often working with stylists, hair/make-up artists, and musicians to develop surreal portraiture and short films based on a lyrical story of dream-like beauty.
My photography has appeared in many publications, including Martha Stewart Weddings, Elle Magazine, and The New York Times. My list of clients includes the Hall Art Foundation, Sotheby’s, Gagosian Gallery, Myles Group, Columbia University, New York University, Smith College, and the Center for Jewish History. I have photographed weddings by the sea, on boats, in the desert, at The Ritz, in backyards and everything in between.
My artwork has been exhibited in Paris, Boston, San Francisco, Berlin, New York, and more. I hold a BA in Economics and French from Smith College and received my photography education at the Cité Internationale des Arts, Paris, the Boston Architectural Center, and The New England School of Photography, Boston.
Partial list of clients:
Partial list of exhibitions:
• Essential, New York. Multimedia group exhibition, October 2009
• Arthouse Productions. Photographs and video short, Vespa, October 2008
• Madame Claude, Jersey City. Film short, The Other Side of the Bed, October 2008
• Faces of Grace, Grace Church, Jersey City, 2007
• Cathedral Arts Show, Grace Church, Jersey City, 2006
• LITM Gallery, A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Jersey City, 2006
• Open Studios, Jersey City, September 2005
• Slow Commotion II: Detroit, December 2003
• Slow Commotion, The University of California, Berkeley, Art Museum Annex, January 2002
• Remember San Francisco Sonntags-Club, Berlin, Germany, July 2000
• Soirée du Soleil, Cité Internationale des Arts, Paris, France, during a residency, multimedia exhibition including performance using electronic sound, video projection, laser light and photography, March 2000
• Brainwash San Francisco, performance and exhibition, October 1999
• On the Page/Off the Page, San Francisco Public Library, slide presentation of photographs through Revelation Gallery, poetry and sound, October 1999
• Leukemia Foundation Art Auction, Revelation Gallery, San Francisco, California, September 1999
• Featured Artist, Artisan Creative, San Francisco, California, October 1999
• The Naked and the Nude, New England School of Photography Gallery, Boston, July 1998
• Women in Photography, Fort Point Artist Community Gallery, Boston, February 1997
• Open Studios, Fort Point Artist Community, Boston, October 1996
• Open Studios Group Show, Fort Point Artist Community Gallery, Boston, October 1996
• Figures of Speech, New England School of Photography Gallery, Boston August 1996
• The Big/Little Show, White Elephant Gallery, Boston, June 1996